Winter is almost here, which means now is the time to prepare your Bobcat® for winter work. From augers and pallet forks to snow removal, there are plenty of attachments to choose from that help you get the maximum payload from your skid steer loader.
What Bobcat Attachments Should You Look for This Winter?
While there are dozens of Bobcat® attachments to choose from, these are our top picks for snow and ice removal this winter:
- Angled Broom – Perfect for sweeping away light snowfall from sidewalks and jobsites.
- Snow Wing – Ideal for large parking lots, maximum versatility.
- Snow Blade – Perfect for removing light to moderate snow from driveways, sidewalks, and jobsites.
- Snow Bucket – Haul away large volumes of snow and push back in a straight line with a bucket attachment.
- Snow Pusher – The pusher offers a free-floating blade that removes snow on uneven surfaces.
- Snow Blower – This throws and blows snow out of the way, including deep drifts to quickly clear a path.
- Spreader – This can quickly distribute salt and sand to walkways and parking lots helping to prevent ice and snow buildup after it has been cleared away.
Preparing Your Skid Steer Loader for Winter Work
Winter work is going to take a lot out of your skid steer loader. Before you start plowing away snow and ice, make sure your Bobcat® is ready for the job.
- Check all fluids, oils and fuels. You need anti-freeze in your Bobcat® that meets manufacturer specifications for cold weather.
- Make sure tires are inflated properly, because they will naturally lose air volume in the cold.
- Test your Bobcat’s battery before starting the next job to avoid unnecessary, costly delays. Check all battery wires and connections as well for signs of corrosion; these could lead to a loss of cranking power.
- Inspect all skid steer attachments, including associated hoses, cylinders and guards. Do not forget to check fluid levels for attachments and lubrication as well.
Tag Equipment carries the latest Bobcat® accessories and attachments at the best possible price. Get your skid steer loader ready for winter and call us today at 416-716-5850 for more information.
Our inventory features a range of Bobcat® attachments and rubber tracks for models that include mini excavators 323, 328, 331, 334, 335, 337, 418, 430, 435, E20, E26, E32i, E32, E35i, E35, E42, E45, E50, E55, E63, and E85. Compact track loaders MT52, MT55, T110, T140, T180, T190, T200, T250, T300, T320, T450, T550, T590, T630, T650, T750, T770, T830, T870. Skid steer loaders S70, S130, S175, S185, S205, S220, S250, S300, S330, S450, S530, S550, S570, S590, S630, S650, S740, S750, S770.