A multi-terrain loader is an excellent choice if you want equipment that reduces ground disturbance. They have a suspended undercarriage design which helps to enhance their efficiency when working in harsh environments and on surfaces where you need to be more careful. If you operate on many types of ground and are looking at options for skid steer rubber tracks, you may want to consider MTL rubber tracks. Read on to learn more about choosing the right type of tracks for your multi-terrain loader.
Selecting and Maintaining MTL Rubber Tracks
There are four essential aspects you need to consider when dealing with skid steer tracks.
Consider Rubber Undercarriage Design
It is best to choose an undercarriage that is secured with high-tensile cords and wheels coated with rubber. This helps to make the equipment light, maximize speed, and offer a smoother ride. These factors make it superior to a steel undercarriage. MTLs also help to reduce soil compaction and damage to the ground.
Maintain the MTL Rubber Tracks
Regular inspection is critical to enhancing the life of your machine as well as the tracks. It helps to keep the following in mind:
- For optimum performance, it is crucial to check the track tension regularly.
- Although slack to some extent in the tracks is acceptable, it helps to ensure that they are not too loose.
- If the lugs in the tracks jump over sprocket rollers frequently when you operate the machine, it may wear them out quickly. It would be wise to replace them.
- Make sure that the tracks are not overly loose. This will help you get the most out of them as well as ensure safety and prevent any accidents.
Check the Track Tension
It is essential to operate your MTL with the right track tension. To check the tension, it helps to follow these steps:
- Keep around 100 pounds between the drive sprocket and the front idler wheel.
- Place a thick thread or a rope across the sprocket and idlers.
- Measure and mark the sag between the top of the track and the straight edge. As a rule of thumb, it should be around 12 mm to ensure optimal performance.
- Adjust the tracks as required to get the right tension for your machine.
It is also essential to examine the drive lugs, sprocket rings, and roller sleeves. This can help avert any premature damage.
Replacing MTL Rubber Tracks on Your CAT Skid Steer
Keep in mind the following before looking for replacement tracks for your equipment:
- Examine the inner and outer sleeves to ensure that they spin freely.
- The functioning and condition of undercarriage parts directly affect the life of your rubber tracks. Check for signs of wear and uneven marks undercarriage.
We Carry a Wide Range of MTL Rubber Tracks for Sale
If you are looking to purchase high-quality MTL tracks, look no further than Tag Equipment. We are a leading distributor of Bobcat tracks and rubber tracks for skid steers, dealing with major brands such as ASV, Terex, and Vermeer. We also carry tracks for CAT models, including the 277B, 257, 247, and 287B. We have experts who can understand your needs and help you choose the right product.
For more information about our products, feel free to give us a call at 416-716-5850 or fill out our online form.