Knowing how to operate and maintain your skid steer pallet fork can help enhance its life and overall equipment performance
Shopping for HLA skid steer attachments, particularly, pallet forks, can be challenging and expensive if you do not know what to look for when purchasing one. This is why we have put together this guide to help you make an informed choice.
Maximizing the Performance & Life of Skid Steer Pallet Forks
Before buying them, it helps to think about the usage and application of the pallet forks to decide the right size. It could be any of the following:
- Move supplies such as lumber, roofing material, fencing, siding, and bricks between job sites
- Haul loads on construction sites
- Handle pallets of fertilizer or seed, move hay bales, and haul fence posts on farms
The rule of thumb is to subtract the weight of the pallet fork and the frame from the maximum capacity of your equipment when lifting supplies. This will help determine the volume that the attachment can safely lift. Also, decide whether your usage is heavy-duty, medium-duty, or light duty to make the right choice.
- Do Your Research
After evaluating your needs, you should know what to look for so you can buy a high-quality attachment. Here are a few essentials to keep in mind:
- More functional design
- A higher lifting capacity
- Adjustable tine width
- Ability to attach accessories
- Reliable warranty
- Baseline capabilities that meet your requirements
Remember that if you are unsure, consulting with a qualified equipment dealer such as Tag Equipment can help you make the right choice.
- Operation Do’s and Don’ts
Pallet forks can help reduce labour and improve productivity. Although these add-ons are quite easy to use, it helps to know the best operation practices to improve their performance:
- When transporting supplies, keep forks low to the ground to ensure better visibility.
- Be sure to read the operator’s manuals and follow the instructions carefully.
- Have a proper maintenance schedule, including pre-use inspection for worn parts and other damage. Also, check if all fasteners are well secured.
- If a hydraulic grapple is included, check the component for wear and leaks.
- Ensure proper latching of grapple and forks onto the equipment.
- Make sure the weight of the supplies is not concentrated on just one fork tine.
- Be sure to spread the load evenly between tines to avoid damaging the attachment.
- Never use fork tines to grub tree stumps, roots, or rocks.
Pallet Forks for All Makes & Models
As a leading supplier of HLA attachments, Tag Equipment carries a wide range of add-ons, including the following:
- Compact Tractor Pallet Forks
- Mini Skid Pallet Forks
- Tractor Loader Pallet Forks
- Skid Steer Loader Pallet Forks
- Backhoe Loader Pallet Forks
Our selection includes the following makes and models:
- HLA Mini Pallet Forks
- NM Wheel Loader Pallet Fork
- 900 LB Capacity – Light Duty Pallet Fork
- 2,000 LB Capacity – Heavy Duty Pallet Fork
- 4,200 LB Capacity – Heavy Duty Pallet Fork
- 5,500 LB Capacity – Heavy Duty Pallet Fork
Our Pallet Forks are perfect for these popular equipment brands:
For more information about our selection of HLA attachments, please call us at 416-716-5850. We’ll be happy to assist you.
You might also want to check our related posts: