Using HLA attachments such as a pallet fork for your skid steer can help you save time and labour costs involved in lifting, carrying, and moving bulk loads. They are commonly used in industrial plants, municipal projects, construction sites, and for farm chores and landscaping work. Most people find choosing skid steer pallet fork to be overwhelming and challenging because it requires consideration of many essential aspects. Read on to learn how to find the perfect HLA pallet fork for your equipment.
Things to Consider When Choosing Skid Steer Forks
All pallet forks are not the same. They are versatile, and in order to avoid unnecessary expenses, you need to know how to make the right choice.
Size of the Pallet Fork
When buying a pallet fork for your skid steer, ask yourself whether you require light duty, standard or medium-duty or heavy-duty attachment. This is because load and lift capacity are essential aspects of choosing a pallet fork.
- Light-duty pallet forks are typically designed for small skid steers and track loaders. They have a capacity of around 2,500 lbs.
- Standard or medium duty pallet forks have a capacity of around 4,000 – 5,000 lbs. They can be used on an array of machines, including full-size skid steers.
- Heavy-duty pallet forks are ideal for large skid steers and compact equipment used to haul heavy loads. They have a capacity of up to 10,000 lbs.
The rule of thumb to determine the size of the of a pallet fork for your skid steer is to subtract the weight of the frame and pallet fork from your equipment’s capacity to lift loads.
Choosing the Right Pallet Fork Attachments
Before discussing how to select the right pallet fork attachment for your equipment, it helps to know the list of tasks that can be performed using them.
Applications of Skid Steer Pallet Forks
- Transport building materials and supplies
- Unload bulky materials for landscaping such as rocks
- Lift and move bales
- Unload freight
- Unload roofing materials such as shingles, lumber, bricks, and siding
When it comes to selecting the right pallet fork attachment, think about how you plan to use them and consider lift tines. Then make a list of your tasks on the job site to decide whether you should purchase a light duty, medium duty or heavy-duty skid steer pallet fork.
We Can Help You Choose the Right Skid Steer Pallet Fork
Tag Equipment, we carry a wide range of top-quality HLA attachments, including Bobcat forks to meet the varied needs of our customers. We have experts who have the knowledge to understand your requirements and help you choose the right attachment.
Our selection of skid steer forks includes the following:
- 900 Lbs. Capacity – Light Duty Pallet Fork
- 1,200 Lbs. Capacity – HLA Mini Pallet Fork
- 2,000 Lbs. Capacity – Heavy Duty Pallet Fork
- 4,200 Lbs. Capacity – Heavy Duty Pallet Fork
- 5,500 Lbs. Capacity – Heavy Duty Pallet Fork
For more information about our HLA skid steer attachments, including pallet forks, reach out to us by calling 647-559-3703. You could also get in touch with our experts by filling out our online form.