Mini excavators are vital machines, especially for construction projects in urban areas. Their size and versatility make them ideal for completing tasks in tight and narrow spaces. They can also be transported easily from one job site to another.
When considering a mini excavator for your job site, it helps to know that several track options are available for these machines, including steel or rubber tracks. Choosing which to use depends on several factors, including the cost of the accessories, surface type on which you plan to operate the machine, usage or application, and more. While this requires some thought, the correct solution will ensure a long performance life and boost productivity.
We have created a guide to provide you with the information required to decide which type of track is the better choice for your equipment.
Advantages of Rubber Tracks
- Affordability – Rubber tracks are more affordable, even if you replace them annually. Moreover, they have fewer maintenance-related costs.
- Stability – They ensure greater stability and flexibility during operation. These tracks are ideal for dirt, grass, and other soft surfaces as they can easily maneuver across these conditions. This makes them terrain friendly as well. They also help reduce vibrations and noise, ensuring a pleasant ride and less fatigue for the operator.
- Traction – They tend to provide a high level of traction in most situations. You may consider mini excavator rubber tracks with deeper tread for aggressive traction to work on uneven surfaces or muddy worksites.
Benefits of Steel Tracks for Excavators
- Performance – They offer good performance on rough surfaces with sharp debris and job sites with multiple inclines or wet ground. Moreover, the steel tracks can help improve traction, stability, and flotation.
- Durability – They can withstand extreme heat and pressure. If you will be working on abrasive ground conditions and inclined terrains, consider installing steel tracks.
- Adaptability – You can bolt rubber pads onto the steel tracks to prevent damaging concrete, pavement, or sensitive surfaces.
Making the Right Choice for Excavators
Excavator tracks are designed to fit different machines and ensure smooth equipment operation in different terrains. It is crucial to choose the right track solution for your application. Knowing the facts and specifications can help you make the right choice. In addition to this, keep the following in mind to find suitable tracks for your machine:
- Consider the cost of the tracks and your budget.
- Think of the ground conditions you’ll be working on and other elements such as heat and pressure.
- Try out the new tracks and test them for correct fit and compatibility.
- Make a decision based on your familiarity with the manufacturer. John Deere rubber tracks and tracks by Bobcat, Kubota, and Caterpillar are a few products you can trust.
Get High-Quality Rubber Tracks for Excavators
If you are looking for rubber tracks for your excavator, Tag Equipment is the best choice. We are a leading supplier of high-quality products for construction equipment, including excavators and skid steers. Our inventory includes high-quality products at fair prices.
Our Rubber Tracks for Mini Excavators
We carry Camso MX SD, Camso MX HSD, and Traxter MX for excavators. We also have several track sizes to meet the varied needs of our customers.
We Have Rubber Tracks for All Makes & Models Of:
John Deere, Bobcat, Case, CAT, GEHL, Kubota, Takeuchi, New Holland, Volvo, Yanmar, and more
Whether you need Bobcat tracks, John Deere rubber tracks, or accessories by any other brand, we can help. If you need assistance in determining the proper configuration for your model and worksite, be sure to give us a call at 416-716-5850. Our experts will be glad to help you. You can also fill out our contact form to get in touch with us online.