Although skid steers with tires work great on concrete and other hard surfaces, they may get stuck on sandy, muddy, or snowy ground. Using over-the-tire (OTT) track systems can help prevent you from getting stuck. OTT rubber tracks have many advantages for skid steer loaders. They can help improve flotation, performance, and efficiency on a wide variety of terrains, making the machine more versatile.
5 Reasons to Consider Skid Steer Over the Tire Rubber Tracks
Easy Installation Process
Over the tire tracks come with installation kits and have an easy-to-understand installation process. This also makes it easy to take them off as needed, thus reducing downtime.
If you work in environments with demolition debris, tree branches, and other obstacles on the ground, using the OTT system is a wise decision. Moreover, your skid steer track loader is less likely to sink and get stuck in the muddy terrain when you use over the tire tracks.
Versatility and Enhanced Traction
OTT rubber tracks go over both tires on your skid steers. They offer improved stability and traction, making working on steep, hilly terrains safer and easier. Additionally, you can also use them in wet, muddy environments to get the work done smoothly.
Better Tire Protection
Using over the tire tracks on your skid steers can preserve the life of your tires. They are sturdy and can help you avoid punctures caused by debris on harsh terrains. This ensures a prolonged service life for your equipment.
Good Overall Control of the Machine
OTT rubber tracks are designed to provide a smoother ride for the operator and ensure better stability and overall control of the machine.
Over The Tire Track Options for Skid Steers
Over the Tire Rubber Tracks
They are a great option if you want enhanced traction and flotation for your skid steer. These tracks also offer better control and increased stability, making working on gravel, rocky, and muddy ground conditions easy. They reduce machine vibration and ensure a smooth ride, which is a significant benefit that skid steer operators appreciate. In addition to this, OTT tracks cause no damage or marks on asphalt and concrete surfaces.
Steel Over the Tire Tracks
These types of OTT tracks are cost-efficient, and an excellent alternative for your skid steer loader and provide maximum traction and better grip on uneven grounds. They are also ideal for operating on sand, mud, and clay and offer enhanced flotation on muddy terrains. You can use steel OTT tracks on stones and gravel construction sites to protect your tires from damage caused by abrasive materials.
Tag Equipment Offers the Best OTT Tracks
At Tag Equipment, we are committed to offering high-quality products to our customers. Our product range includes over the tire tracks with the following features:
- They are heavy-duty.
- Our OTT tracks can help expand the service life of your equipment.
- They ensure top performance and traction on varied grounds.
- They are versatile and affordable.
- With our OTT tracks, you need not worry about the track systems derailing off your tires.
Keep Skid Steers Moving in Winter Conditions with Our Camso OTT Tracks
If you are looking for suitable tracks for the winter months, we have the perfect solution. Both rubber and steel options are available in Camso’s OTT lineup to ensure customer satisfaction by meeting different user needs. Although all OTT attachments can help enhance skid steer floatation and traction, steel and rubber tracks have a few distinctive qualities.
- Camso’s steel OTT tracks are the best solution for severe traction needs on rocky and muddy terrains. The steel tread bars allow the operators to work on heavy ice surfaces and slopes. The over the tire tracks have wider voids between the tread bars to make cleaning an easy task. Moreover, steel OTT tracks are more wear-resistant.
- The over-the-tire rubber tracks by Camso can help reduce ground disturbance and work best on soft surfaces such as clay, sand, and snow. They are ideal for working long shifts as they offer the best ride comfort for a skid steer. Rubber OTT tracks are versatile because you can also use them on hard surfaces, such as concrete or asphalt.
Camso OTT Tracks Provide a Universal Fit
The steel over the tire tracks by Camso allow a wide range of adjustment and tension and can fit most makes and models of skid steer loaders. They are available in 10-inch and 12-inch widths, making them an ideal choice for most skid steer loaders. Moreover, you can quickly adjust or remove the links to fit the base, easily tensioning the track as needed. The ease of installation will allow you to get back to work in no time and help maximize productivity by reducing downtime.
Explore the Best Selection of Over the Tire Rubber Tracks
Tag Equipment is well-known for offering high-quality over the tire tracks at the best prices. We feature a wide variety of OTT rubber tracks and steel over the tire tracks. We can help you find a suitable product for the make and model of your machine. Additionally, we also carry tracks for compact track loaders. Whether you want to buy a new set of tracks or a single replacement, our experts can assist you and ensure you get the right product.
Our Lineup Includes the Following OTT Tracks:
- Camso OTT HD – is the best quick-mount attachment for skid steers and can be installed in just 20 minutes. It increases floatation, traction, and tire life and works best on concrete, asphalt, and turf surfaces.
- Camso Steel OTT – offers exceptional off-road performance and provides high traction in harsh conditions. It is available in widths of 10 and 12 inches.
We carry OTT tracks for a wide variety of brands, including Bobcat, Case, Cat, Gehl, John Deere, New Holland, and Volvo. For more information about our selection of over-the-tire tracks and Bobcat tracks, feel free to call us at 416-716-5850. You can also fill out our online contact form for further assistance.